The Food Standards Agency recommends remembering the “four Cs” to prevent food poisoning: Clean, Cook, Chill, and (avoid) Cross-contamination, to ensure you maintain high standards of personal and food hygiene when storing, handling and preparing food.
- Don't smell food to determine safety
- Don't handle others' food if you're ill
- Be clean when handling food
- Respect food's "use by" date
- Which foods can become contaminated?
- How does food become contaminated?
- What is food poisoning?
- Keep raw meat away from other foods
- Wash your hands before and after handling raw food
- Minced meat must be cooked thoroughly
Text RYJG10 £amount to 70070 to donate