Using a mobile ‘phone while driving adversely affects driver performance in a number of different ways; namely reaction times, judgement and awareness.
Even hands-free phones distract drivers and impair safe driving ability.
How is performance impaired?
- Maintenance of lane position
- Maintenance of appropriate and predictable speed
- Maintenance of appropriate following distances from vehicles in front
- Reaction times
- Judgement and acceptance of safe gaps in traffic
- General awareness of other traffic
Message supplied by: Rich @ Respect Yourself