If you live alone you can apply for a 25% reduction in your Council Tax bill. Contact your Council Tax office for more info.

Source: KME91 @ MoneySavingExpert forum

Read more

  • Reducing your council tax bill @ Which?

    Excerpt: Council tax bills are based on the assumption that two adults occupy the property as their main home. If it is occupied by only one resident, the bill is reduced by a single person’s discount of 25%. Some people are not counted as a second resident, even if they live in the property. You can still get a single person’s discount if you share your home with one of the following: An apprentice studying for a recognised qualification; a young person (under 25) in approved training; a full-time student (attending university or college, or under the age of 20 and studying A levels or their equivalent); an 18 or 19-year-old in full-time education; a student nurse.

Message supplied by: Rich @ Respect Yourself