What are the types of university accommodation?

If your university accommodation is self-catered, your shared kitchen is where you’ll make and eat all of your own meals. If you have are in catered halls, you’ll be served breakfast and an evening meal (usually Monday to Friday, during term time) in your college’s dining hall.

Source: Accommodation for continuing students @ University of York

Photo: 187/365 - Cooking Buddy! by Courtney Carmody under Creative Commons license