If a person’s mental or emotional state quickly worsens, this can be treated as a mental health emergency or mental health crisis. In this situation, it’s important to get help as soon as possible. Contact NHS Direct (or NHS 111 if available in your area) to find out where help is available. If you feel the person is in immediate danger then call 999.
- Step by step we're breaking the bonds of mental health stigma
- Make an emergency care list for yourself
- What can I call NHS 111 about?
- Call 111 for a medical non-emergency
- What are the opening times for A&E?
- What is a life-threatening emergency?
- What are the services for medical help?
- How do I register for the emergencySMS service?
- Call 999 in an emergency
Text RYJG10 £5 to 70070