If one or both parents are leaning too heavily on you for support, discuss with them who else they can turn to. You will have limits, bearing in mind all the other things you have to do.
- Offer help instead of advice
- Ask for and accept help
- What support is available for a Young Adult Carer?
- How may a Young Adult Carer feel?
- How many people are Young Carers?
- What is a Young Adult Carer?
- Build a team to support you
- What will I feel if my parents separate?
- Don't be afraid to refer someone on
- Your support network is your friends and family
- Surround yourself with people who support you
Text RYJG10 £5 to 70070