You are currently viewing What support is there if I’m in care?
nestle by Jessica Lucia
  • Reading time:2 mins read
  • Post category:Support

Being in care can sometimes feel isolating and lonely. Many counties have a council for young people if they are in care or care leavers, called a Children In Care Council, set up by the local County Council.

In Norfolk there is also a junior In Care Council for the ages of 6 to 13.

Read more

  • Children in Care Council (CiCC) @ St Helens Council

    Excerpt: A children in care council gives children and young people a chance to have their say, be heard and makes changes for all looked after children.

  • Children in Care Council @ Wakefield Council

    Excerpt: We want to encourage all children and young people in care and care leavers are to express their views about all issues that concern them. The Children in Care Council (CICC) is a place where young people in care can have their say on issues that matter to them, and can make sure that they are heard by the people who make decisions. Everyone involved in CICC has got experience of being looked after.

Further help

Message supplied by: Rose, Respect Yourself Supporter

Photo: nestle by Jessica Lucia under Creative Commons license