You can face prosecution if you are over 10 years old and caught sexting if the person in the photo is under 18, as it is “distributing an indecent image of a child”.
- Why shouldn't I do sexting?
- Never pressurise someone to make an explicit image
- Sexting is a criminal offence if under 18
- Don't post what you wouldn't want others to see
- Over 50% of young people have received sexual images
- 60% of young people have been asked for a sexual image
- Your online images could be available forever
- What are the consequences of sexting?
- Is sexting illegal?
- What do I do if I've received abusive text messages?
Text RYJG10 £5 to 70070