There is a lot you can do to improve your body image without changing your body. Talking about your negative feelings and developing new ways to think about your body and your self-worth is a good way to address a negative body image.
Remember, body image is not about how you look, but how you feel about the way you look.
Tips for a Positive Body Image
- Remember that health and appearance are two different things
- Keep a list of your positive qualities that have nothing to do with your appearance
- Accept and value your genes — you probably inherited a lot of traits from your family members, so love those traits as you love your family
- Treat your body with respect and kindness
- Surround yourself with people who are supportive and who make you feel good about yourself
Source: Planned Parenthood